Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance waiting time
If several planes of the same airline are in the same slot and all of them need maintenance every repair must increase the waiting time to the next plane and so on.
A Related question:
How long should maintenance take?

| I'm the Lead Core Developer! |

A picture is worth 1000 words. FH is worth 7451 [u]lines[/u]!
The list of maintenance routines is endless. we should make our own list of checks and times.

As an example:

First Check: Every 100 hours of time flight = 12 hours of maintenance
Second Check: 200 hours of time flight = 24 hours of maintenance

The check doubles each time but the maintenance routine should stop let´s say at 800 hours of time flight to begin again.
There must be random time an random cost on each check to avoid the same numbers.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

A daily check must be done with a random cost.
Why can we not use the same numbers? It's also very hard to have computers generate truly random numbers.
Well you can have an a almost random number. There's a computerphile on this I think, but there are functions to produce near-randoms

Well obviously you can generate pseudo random numbers. Technical points aside though I still don't see a point in it.
Maybe: AIRCRAFT_BASE_PRICE +/- RAND_NUMBER_5%_OF_BASE_TO_10%

(03-11-201505:30 PM)skifans Wrote: Well obviously you can generate pseudo random numbers. Technical points aside though I still don't see a point in it.

Because Colombia has different maintenance costs than England or USA.

Another point is that If you have a maintenance team each plane must wait the orderly turn but if you have two or more maintenance teams the time decreases.
(03-11-201508:36 PM)emm1366 Wrote:
(03-11-201505:30 PM)skifans Wrote: Well obviously you can generate pseudo random numbers. Technical points aside though I still don't see a point in it.

Because Colombia has different maintenance costs than England or USA.

Another point is that If you have a maintenance team each plane must wait the orderly turn but if you have two or more maintenance teams the time decreases.

1. I know this is the case however using random numbers would sometimes leave England or USA with higher maintenance costs then Columbria.

2. Totally agree this is a good idea.
Okay so scrap the random numbers.

How about basing it off the game airport ranking?