Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystical RDU-FRA flight
Rumor has it that an airlines is planning service from Raleigh to Frankfurt. A company that just moved to the Research Triangle Area who has headquarters in Germany. They reported that a RDU-Germany flight is in the process. No networks are yet to report on this though.
:O

| I'm the Lead Core Developer! |

A picture is worth 1000 words. FH is worth 7451 [u]lines[/u]!
I just contacted Lufthansa and American to see if they will be the ones to offer this flight. Hopes on Lufthansa I want another air carrier to come to the airport
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/morn...l?page=all

| I'm the Lead Core Developer! |

A picture is worth 1000 words. FH is worth 7451 [u]lines[/u]!
Then again, Raleigh isn't that far away from Charlotte, and Charlotte is quite a large city (in fact, the second largest in the Upper South-the biggest is Washington D.C.) Speaking of which, there might be alot of demand from RDU to Europe nonstop, but probably not vice versa. That's why our Taiwanese airlines have trouble filling up flights comeing from Europe to Taipei.
(09-30-201412:12 AM)dbd Wrote: http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/morn...l?page=all

2016 Big Grin
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
(09-30-201412:24 AM)yangc9635 Wrote: Then again, Raleigh isn't that far away from Charlotte, and Charlotte is quite a large city (in fact, the second largest in the Upper South-the biggest is Washington D.C.) Speaking of which, there might be alot of demand from RDU to Europe nonstop, but probably not vice versa. That's why our Taiwanese airlines have trouble filling up flights comeing from Europe to Taipei.

RDU flights aren't like 75% Business and 25% tourism
If you leave most likely you'll be coming back:
if I take a business trip to London and use American Airlines flight 174 (yes that is the number my Mom has flown that flight for business and I have tracked it Smile) then there is a good chance that ill be coming back to Raleigh using AA 173 (the return flight).

Same with tourism:
If I wanted to go to Charlotte Amalie in the USVI I might use the new Delta flight to Miami and then connect over to Charlotte Amalie using American. And then I'm likely to use a flight similar to that just cause I'm not moving to Charlotte Amalie just going for a vacay.
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
(09-30-201412:58 AM)americarocks Wrote:
(09-30-201412:24 AM)yangc9635 Wrote: Then again, Raleigh isn't that far away from Charlotte, and Charlotte is quite a large city (in fact, the second largest in the Upper South-the biggest is Washington D.C.) Speaking of which, there might be alot of demand from RDU to Europe nonstop, but probably not vice versa. That's why our Taiwanese airlines have trouble filling up flights comeing from Europe to Taipei.

RDU flights aren't like 75% Business and 25% tourism
If you leave most likely you'll be coming back:
if I take a business trip to London and use American Airlines flight 174 (yes that is the number my Mom has flown that flight for business and I have tracked it Smile) then there is a good chance that ill be coming back to Raleigh using AA 173 (the return flight).

Same with tourism:
If I wanted to go to Charlotte Amalie in the USVI I might use the new Delta flight to Miami and then connect over to Charlotte Amalie using American. And then I'm likely to use a flight similar to that just cause I'm not moving to Charlotte Amalie just going for a vacay.
Yes, but that depends. For example, a direct flight from Taipei to Paris are almost always full, but are almost empty when the same plane flies back to Taipei. Europeans aren't that interested in going to Taipei or Raleigh for a vacation-just saying.

Also, not allpeople fly round trip-it depends. Some people trasnfer to save money, and also, it still is cheaper to fly out of Charlotte.
Yah but if I go on a vacation to Rome and there is a direct flight there I'm not likely to go back through Kennedy or something
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
(09-30-201410:34 AM)americarocks Wrote: Yah but if I go on a vacation to Rome and there is a direct flight there I'm not likely to go back through Kennedy or something

Not all people fly roundtrip-they might transfer at other airports to save money. Besides, it probably still is cheaper to fly out of Charlotte (it is a larger city.)

Also, not many Europeans want to vacation in places that they've never heard (such as Raleigh), and since it is cheaper to fly out of Charlotte/people transferring flights, so the return flights won't always be as full as the flight to Europe-just saying.

I am guessing that flying directly to Europe from Raleigh means paying about 200 to 500 dollars more for a round-trip flight-it;s a smaller airport. That's the situation with SAN and LAX-people who want to fly to Taiwan or Communist China have to drive to LAX, because it's alot cheaper, and by that, I mean a difference of 500 dollars more for a round-trip ticket,which is quite expensive. This is why my family still has to drive two hours to Los Angeles-since an LAX-TPE economy ticket already costs about $1,000 per person, we don't want to pay more.