Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation
Hi All.

I get this traslation from spanish and I request you to improve the text.

Thanks in advance:

Colombian Air Cargo SA is an airline founded and established in Medellin to satisfy the growing demand for freight transportation. We started work with advanced technology to new emerging markets.
"Colombian Air Cargo SA is an airline founded and established in Medellin to satisfy the growing demand for the transport of cargo. We have started working with advanced technology in new and emerging markets."

Is the best I can do, in English we need to know what you are doing with the advanced technology (transporting it, using it ect.) to have the sentence properly make sense. And not that I speak Spanish, but maybe posting the original text would help someone else come up with a better translation.
(09-02-201410:08 PM)skifans Wrote: "Colombian Air Cargo SA is an airline founded and established in Medellin to satisfy the growing demand for the transport of cargo. We have started working with advanced technology in new and emerging markets."

Is the best I can do, in English we need to know what you are doing with the advanced technology (transporting it, using it ect.) to have the sentence properly make sense. And not that I speak Spanish, but maybe posting the original text would help someone else come up with a better translation.

This is the original text.

Colombian Air Cargo S.A. es una aerolínea fundada y establecida en Medellín para satisfacer la creciente demanda de transporte de carga. Iniciamos labores con tecnología de avanzada hacia los nuevos mercados emergentes.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I´ll take your suggestion. Thank you skifan.
(09-03-201401:39 AM)emm1366 Wrote:
(09-02-201410:08 PM)skifans Wrote: "Colombian Air Cargo SA is an airline founded and established in Medellin to satisfy the growing demand for the transport of cargo. We have started working with advanced technology in new and emerging markets."

Colombian Air Cargo S.A. es una aerolínea fundada y establecida en Medellín para satisfacer la creciente demanda de transporte de carga. Iniciamos labores con tecnología de avanzada hacia los nuevos mercados emergentes.
_________________________________________________________________________________

My translation: (Honors spanish)

Colombian Air Cargo S.A. is an airline founded and established in Medellín to satisfy the growing demand of he transportation of cargo. We have started working with advanced technology in new emerging markets.

| I'm the Lead Core Developer! |

A picture is worth 1000 words. FH is worth 7451 [u]lines[/u]!
Make sense, my only issue with ^ is that you have a comma after "cargo" but then a capital letter on "We".
You are amazing, guys.

Thank you all.
(09-03-201408:31 PM)skifans Wrote: Make sense, my only issue with ^ is that you have a comma after "cargo" but then a capital letter on "We".

Fixed. It was supposed to be a period not a comma.

(09-03-201408:27 PM)dbd Wrote:

Colombian Air Cargo S.A. is an airline founded and established in Medellín to satisfy the growing demand of he transportation of cargo. We have started working with advanced technology in new emerging markets.
In my opinion, this is a superior translation:

In order to satisfy the growing demand of transporting cargo, Colombian Air Cargo S.A. has been created and founded in Medellin. We have commenced (using?) advanced technology in emerging markets.
(09-07-201411:28 PM)yangc9635 Wrote:

In order to satisfy the growing demand of transporting cargo, Colombian Air Cargo S.A. has been created and founded in Medellin. We have commenced (using?) advanced technology in emerging markets.

That sort of changes the sentence structure....

(09-07-201411:41 PM)dbd Wrote:
(09-07-201411:28 PM)yangc9635 Wrote:

That sort of changes the sentence structure....

The sentence simply doesn't flow. English and Spanish are completely different languages. Eventually, you'll have to flip the order of the parts of the sentence, because if you don't, the resulting sentence is grammatically incorrect.