Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new country?
So if anyone is doing Europe be warned,
Scotland is holding a referendum on the 18th that will decide if they will stay with the UK or not. If Scotland succeeds then it won't be the UK anymore It goes back to Great Britain. So just keep that in mind
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
(09-05-201404:14 PM)americarocks Wrote: If Scotland succeeds then it won't be the UK anymore It goes back to Great Britain. So just keep that in mind

What the hell are you trying to say here? o_O

That makes no sense. It'll just mean that the United Kingdom will compose of everything it used to EXCEPT for Scotland. Great Britain includes Scotland, regardless.
Okay sorry if I got this wrong, this is just what one of my moms friends (Who is Scottish) told me when we were talking about this a while ago.
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
I heard this too.

| I'm the Lead Core Developer! |

A picture is worth 1000 words. FH is worth 7451 [u]lines[/u]!
(09-05-201404:55 PM)sufi Wrote:
(09-05-201404:14 PM)americarocks Wrote: If Scotland succeeds then it won't be the UK anymore It goes back to Great Britain. So just keep that in mind

What the hell are you trying to say here? o_O

That makes no sense. It'll just mean that the United Kingdom will compose of everything it used to EXCEPT for Scotland. Great Britain includes Scotland, regardless.
Exactly.
Anyways, I believe that Scotland ought to stay with England. Just saying. Because if it does, it can't use the British pound, and the UK will try and stop it from getting into the EU.
Totaly agree with all points made but remember Scotland could declare sterlingisation and use the pound without Britans permission. Also remember that despight the referendum being on the 18th, Scotland will not imideatly be an independent country if a "yes" vote is the majority, that will take many years. It simply means that discussions can be started regarding Scotand becoming independent.
Scotland becoming independent probably won't happen:

1. There's no real benefit for Scotland except from their politicians being more able to make more decisions
2. They would have to join the European Union if they wish to do so and, I believe, all new countries that join the EU have to use the €
3. They would loose their military (all military based in Scotland is part of the UK's armed forces)
4. The BBC may decide not to broadcast in Scotland if licence fees aren't part of the Scottish tax system (this would mean loosing many TV channels and radio stations)
5. The Scots have an historical hatred of the English and not the rest of the UK. What have Scotland got against Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands for example

I don't think they'll become independent, it's far too rushed . . .
[align=center][Image: http://civil-aircraft.tk/t365-a.jpg]

[size=x-large]

[b][color=#1E90FF]Tango[/color][color=#32CD32]3[/color][color=#FF4500]6[/color][color=#FFD700]5[/color][/b] [i][color=#696969]- Zesty Services, 365 Days A Year[/i][/color]

[/size]

[/align]
6. They don't want their world cup football team to look any worse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_at...up#Records

Well I mean they have their own parliament so sound like they're pretty set up. Just need the papers
[align=center][Image:
] [/align]
Hey maybe Russia could annex Scotland!

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.